Monday, June 11, 2007

The Cargo Trailer

The trailer I pull is made by a Canadian company out of Quebec called Fibro Concept. It weighs 150 lbs and I can haul about 200 lbs of cargo. From all the research I did about pulling a trailer the biggest concern was cross winds. I tested this trailer in the windy country of Southern Alberta where you ride bikes on a 45 degree angle. The trailer worked very well no worries up to 180k. I now have just over 2000 miles on it and it seems to do just fine. The one small problem I had was the latch mechanism to close the lid. The person told me to be careful about this and not to slam or drop the lid to hard ... well excuse. Thanks to the very nice guys at Pace Auto Body in Dawson Creek .. they fixed my and partially the weak point in the trailer. Oh yes ... one more thing. Make sure you check the wheel lugs every once and awhile. When I took it for it's first test drive ... I was doing just over 100k when the left tire on the trailer passed me. I never felt a thing and the bike never moved. If I never saw the little tire pass me ... I would have kept on going. Goes to show that the trailer is very balanced with or without both tires.

No comments: